Riverside Underground Experiment

Showcasing Riverside's Local Musicians

My Open Mic Attendance Schedule

Come see and support our local artists and tell me what you think!


Tuesdays @ The Hideaway 7PM Enjoy $2 Domestics and Specialty/Imports for only $3.50!
They also feature Soju specialty drinks and $1 Jello Shots!

Fridays @ The Plum House 7PM

Saturdays @The Plum House 7PM

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Introduction to the Riverside Underground Experiment

Being born and raised in Riverside California certainly has it's advantages. Thirty minutes to beaches, snow, and even a multitude of amusement parks make it a great home base. Though I find the most enjoyable thing about living in Riverside is Riverside itself. If you are an aspiring artist, there are few better places to be then Riverside. Our city prides itself in being a city of arts and innovation, and they make good on that in a number of ways. With hosting art walks, open mic nights, and the recent rehabilitation of the FOX Theater, we are truly experiencing a renaissance of the arts in Riverside.

The purpose of this blog, is to showcase the local talent here in our city of art. After attending an open mic night at the downtown Coffee Depot, it dawned on me that we have amazing talent here in Riverside. Even most of my closest friends are local musicians, but there are so many I have yet to meet. I hope by showcasing this talent through pictures, youtube videos and this blog, I might be able to help some of our local musicians get their big break, which is really the root of "the Experiment". The Experiment is about letting the world know that Riverside California has talent and is a city of the arts. It's also a place where local artists can read my reviews and the comments left by others who may have seen them perform. It will be an experiment in itself to see what comes of this.

This blog will follow my open mic adventures in Riverside. Here you will be able to find out who our local talent is, where they play, and my critiques on performances. Open mic nights are held Monday through Saturday at various locations in the city of Riverside, and I intend to attend as many as possible.

My first official attendance will be tomorrow night (May 17th 2010) at Downtown's Back to the Grind. A coffee shop that is near and dear to my heart, so it should be a fun night. I hope to see you there, but if you can't make it, check out my blog to see how it went.

1 comments:

I enjoyed reading your observations and thoughts of the individual performers. I would also love to see photos or short videos to accompany your comments. Looking forward to reading more about the talent in Riverside! M. Herman, Philadelphia, PA. (born and raised in Riverside/Corona)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More