Riverside Underground Experiment

Showcasing Riverside's Local Musicians

My Open Mic Attendance Schedule

Come see and support our local artists and tell me what you think!


Tuesdays @ The Hideaway 7PM Enjoy $2 Domestics and Specialty/Imports for only $3.50!
They also feature Soju specialty drinks and $1 Jello Shots!

Fridays @ The Plum House 7PM

Saturdays @The Plum House 7PM

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Return to "The Project"

Almost a year since I had this idea and  I'm finally at a point where I can really commit to Riverside's blossoming music scene. In the last year I have seen some great acts here and there, and had my first performance as a guest singer at Mission Tobacco Lounge.We also lost a great venue, Coffee Depot. I'm curious to see which venue steps up to be "The Venue" to play an open mic.

This week I will be checking out the New and Improved "Barn" at UCR. For those of us who remember, The Barn was the place to see the hottest IE acts in the 90's. I'll also be looking at The Plum House, Back to the Grind, Mission Tobacco Lounge, Worthingtons, and Lake Alice. I will be writing reviews about every performer I can while trying to gain a following for this blog.

My goals for this blog are:
  • To review and critique musicians who perform in Riverside.
  • To create a site where musicians can read reviews of their performances from their audience members through my posts and the comments others post in response.
  • To establish a community of performers so we can create entertaining and more frequent performances.
  • To review venues so that performers know what to expect as far as things like sound quality, available equipment, and crowds.
Hopefully Riverside musicians will unite under this idea and we'll make Riverside a musical force to be reckoned with!
I can't wait to see all the music Riverside has to offer and to see what this becomes.
I do feel like I must add, I am not ever going to write something just to stroke someones ego. My opinions may at times be gushing with adoration or may be a laundry list of critiques. I think my honesty is vital to the continuity of this blog as well as valuable to the performers I review. You have to be able to take, and work with criticism if performing is what you want to do.
I preach this to musicians all the time. If you don't want criticism then stay in your room and play your songs to the stuffed animals and pets you adore and who adore you. However, once you step on stage your job is to perform for your audience. Your job is to entertain, and taking your audiences opinion into consideration is vital for your growth as an artist.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you at a local show!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More